Kharkhorum, Erdenezuu Monastery
Kharkhorin – In 1220 Chinggis Khaan set up the capital of Mongolian realm on the fruitful fields along the Orkhon River. This is called Kharkhorin, 373 km from Ulaanbaatar city. Kharkhorin is situated at the lower end of the upper valley of the Orkhon River, which is part if the World Heritage Site Orkhon Valley Cultural Landscape. The area denotes the eastern lower regions of the Khangai Mountains. Kharkhorin town populace is 8,977 (2003), city zone is 20.5 km2.
Kharkhorin was an occupied spindled city with high development worked by the best specialists and bosses of classical times. Be that as it may, it was totally annihilated in the furious clashes of the internecine conflict. Very amazement for the researchers was the disclosure of an internment of Mongolian ladies which dates to roughly the fourteenth century were likewise two Egyptian veils, a wooden brush and bronze mirror for a situation were discovered shows old connection between the countries. The establishments of Karakorum’s structures are generally underground and little has been exhumed, so you need loads of creative mind while thinking about the grandness, all things considered, The plain was covered with blocks, destroyed dividers and columns until the mid-sixteenth century. The stone, blocks and other structure materials from vestiges of Kharkhorin were utilized in the development of this religious community.
Erdene Zuu Khiid – The principal Buddhist religious community called Erdene-Zuu was based on remnants of Kharkhorin. It was underlying 1586 at the activity of Avtai khan, most powerful Prince of that time in MongoliaThe cloister involves a region encompassed by a stone divider with 108 stupas lining on it. The Erdene-Zuu cloister jelly sublime works of Mongolian specialists, painters, cutters, stone carvers, weaves and expert of the XVII-XIX hundreds of years. It had somewhere in the range of 60 and 100 sanctuaries, around 300 gers inside the dividers and, at its top, up to 1000 priests in home. Erdene zuu Monastery was annihilated by socialists in 1930s during the political cleanse. Suprisingly, numerous Buddha pictures and sculptures, tsam veils and thangkas were saved by local people. The cloister was shut until 1965 and once again introduced as an exhibition hall to public. After fair upheaval in 1990, strict opportunity was reestablished and cloister became dynamic once more.
The religious community is encased in an enormous walled compound encompassed by 108 stupas. The three sanctuaries in the compound, which were not obliterated during the 1930s, are devoted to the three phases of Buddha’s life: youth, youthfulness and adulthood.
Dalai Lama Temple was implicit 1675 to honor the visit by Abtai Khaan’s child, Altan, to the Dalai Lama in Tibet. The sanctuary obliges sculpture of Zanabazar and some fine seventeenth century thangkas portraying the Dalai Lamas and different defender divinities.
Stone Turtles – Outside the cloister dividers, there are two stone turtles. Four of these figures once denoted the limits of old Karakorum, going about as gatekeepers of the city. The turtles initially had a recorded stone stele mounted vertically on their back. Close to the Turtle Rock you can see a region of raised earth encompassed by a wire fence. This was the supposed site of Uguudei Khaan’s castle, who was third child of Chinggis Khaan.